Sections 449- 462 of the Education Act 1996 set out the law on charging for School activities in Schools maintained by local authorities in England.
The governing body are responsible for determining the content of the Charging and Remissions Policy and the Headteacher for implementation. Any determination with respect to individual parents will be considered jointly by the Headteacher and Governing Body.
Amongest other things, we do not charge for:
- Education provided during School hours (Including the supply of any materials, books, instruments or other equipment)
- Tuition for pupils learning to play musical instruments if the tuition is required as part of the National Curriculum.
- Education provided on any trip that takes place in School hours.
Charges may be made for:
- Any materials, books, instruments or equipment where the child's parents wishes him/her to own them.
- Extra curricular activities and after School clubs (because this is education provided outside of School time that is not part of the curriculum).
- Additional hours of Nursery sessions above and beyond those provided free by the Nursery Education Grant (NEG)
- Damage/vandalism/loss to and of School property.