Hi, we are the Westroyd Primary School and Nursery Governors. We all take an active part in looking after the school and nursery and are very proud of the children and staff. We each 'Buddy' with a class and come in to school to talk to the children and see what they do. This is a very rewarding aspect of being a governor! Should you want to talk to us you are more than welcome, please contact school for our details:
Chair - Mrs Heather Hutchinson (Acting Chair)
Vice Chair - Vacancy
Parent Governors - Mrs Heather Hutchinson Mr Stuart Morris (Appointed October 2016)
Community Governors -
LEA Governors - Mrs Philippa Bairstow.
Staff Governors - Mrs Pam Hemsley
Co -Opted Governor - Mrs Elizabeth Bird, Mrs Ann-Marie Keighley
Associate Governor - Mrs Dawn Winkley
PHILIPPA BAIRSTOW LEA GOVERNOR 12YEARS
TERM OF OFFICE 01/08/15 TO 01/08/19
The sub committee that I support is the Headteacher Performance Management, Safe Recruitment Governor, Child Proctection and Children in Public Care Governor.
As a governor:
* My main involvement has been in personnel matters. In particular I have been involed in shortlisting meetings and have been a member of interview panels, (sometimes as the sole governor representative) in connection with the recruitment of teaching staff. I was involved in appointment of the current Headteacher, on more than one occasion in the appointment of a Deputy Headteacher also the appointment of temporary Assistant Heads, TLR teachers and class teachers.
* Several years ago I was involved in the redundancy of teaching assistants due to budget reductions in relation to SEN.
* For the past five years I have been one of a group of two or three governors who undertake the Head teachers planning and performance review in conjunction with the school improvement advisor.
* I try and visit school on several occasions throughout the school year and have overtime been in all four year group classes. I am currently governor buddy to Planets (reception class)
* I have attended various meetings over years including West Wedge meetings on topical issues for example the future of primary education in Farsley, foundation trusts and child protection.
* In 2009 I successfully completed the NSCL Safer Recruitment e-learning module and assesment.
PAM HEMSLEY STAFF GOVERNOR (NON TEACHING) 3 YEARS
TERM OF OFFICE (2nd) 04/09/16 TO 04/09/20
My role is staff governor, the sub committee which I support is Resources.
As a newly appointed governor I am currently learning the procedures that governors follow. I am discovering how the governing body along with the Headteacher and SLT contribute objectively to discussions. Thus ensuring that the appropriate development needs meet the demands of the students, staff and local community.
As yet I have not assisted with any decision making that will impact on the school. However, I have attended training on how to be an effective governor and have been present at several governors meetings.
LIZZY BIRD PARENT GOVERNOR (Co-Opted)
TERM OF OFFICE 10/02/15 to 09/02/19
The sub committee which I support is resources.
I am Lizzy Bird, the mother of two boys at Westroyd. I work part time as the Finance Manager for a Church and associated charity in Leeds. I have worked in Charity Finance for the past 8 years. I have worked and volunteered in a number of charities in Leeds including Kidz Klub, Childline, Children in Need and Mencap. I have a First degree in Childhood Studies and have completed the Early Years Practitioner Status in 2011. As well as volunteering for the School Governors role I voluntarily run a weekly toddler group in the Woodhouse area of the city.
HEATHER HUTCHINSON PARENT GOVERNOR
TERM OF OFFICE 24/03/14 TO 24/03/18 (Acting Chair from Sep 2017)
The sub committee which I support is Teaching & Learning, Headteacher Performance Management and SEN Governor.
STUART MORRIS PARENT GOVERNOR
TERM OF OFFICE 10/10/16 TO 10/10/20
The sub committee which I support is Teaching & Learning.
QASIM AMINI CO OPTED GOVERNOR
TERM OF OFFICE RESIGNED September 2017
The sub committee which I support is Resources.
ANN-MARIE KEIGHLEY CO OPTED GOVERNOR
TERM OF OFFICE 01/05/16 TO 01/05/20
The sub committee which I support is Pupil Support and Pay Appeal.
CLARE GILL CO OPTED GOVERNOR
TERM OF OFFICE 01/05/16 TO 01/05/20
The sub committee which I support is Teaching & Learning and Pay Appeal.
DAWN WINKLEY ASSOCIATE GOVERNOR
TERM OF OFFICE: 01/11/15 TO 01/11/19
The sub committee which I support is Pupil Support.